Monday, October 15, 2012

Not This Time Big Fella!

Good Morning Family,




Well I couldn't help but be a little shocked about the outcome of Friday evening. I know how much it meant for Rylee, and I can't help but be a little saddened by the news. I'm so glad to hear that Rylee was courageous out there. Your part of the email that described his humility really motivates me as a missionary. We are having a lot of success here in Sun Prairie, and I'm working hard to remain humble. I'm very thankful for Rylee's continued acts of humility and diligence in his daily life, they truly uplift and strengthen me.


Elder Xiong and I have already had a pretty crazy p-day so far. Well, not really, but it seems like it haha. We have declared this day to be a "day of reckoning," because we've decided to deep clean our apartment. Our apartment has been used by A LOT of missionaries, because it used to be where the Madison Zone Leaders were housed, so there are things everywhere. We decided after looking at it the other day, and because apartment checks are nearing, we should probably deep clean the apartment. We spent a good two hours this morning before we came to email to clean. We were able to get a good chunk of the cleaning done. I didn't even realize how dirty it was until we started cleaning it, but it definitely feels great to have a cleaner apartment than what we had yesterday. We're looking forward to finishing it off later today!



This is the Raul family. You know those kids that I was telling you about that are going to go to the Major Leagues? Behold!(L-R) Ceegan my hands on his head, Cullen (standing), Coby (kneeling), and Charlie, oh and Elder Xiong over on the left.

I also got your letter from last week. I was able to write a letter, and drop it off on Thursday since we played ball last Monday. There was some good stuff in there, but it was kind of weird, because I was updated on it by Monday. What is your letter writing schedule? I liked it where you'd send one on Monday, because then you could update me on my email that I sent, and I'd have it by Thursday. We only check mail on Saturday's, so that makes it nice, because then I know what to respond to in my hand written letter on Mondays. I'll continue to work at getting a hand written letter every Monday. I've been having to push it back since our p-days have been loaded!

The teaching of Claire and Patricia is going fairly well. With this being the week of her baptism we're starting to see the adversary stepping things up a little bit, and Elder Xiong and I are ready to take him down!! We're really focused on being very persistent w/Patricia and Claire this weekend, and making sure that everything is in order for their baptismal service this Saturday. I can already feel the adversary saying, "push it back a week, no harm done there, no need to have any urgency." Not this time big fella! We are going to work hard this week on keeping them on their toes, and making sure that they are able to have a very spiritual and uplifting service for all who attend.

Elder Xiong is doing great as well! He's really starting to become a Preach My Gospel Missionary! A PMG missionary is someone who is bold and loving w/the commitments he extends, someone who loves the Lord, someone who is diligent, someone who invites all he comes into contact w/to come unto the Savior, and one who is meek, humble, and submissive. All of these traits and characteristics can be found in Elder Xiong. Him and I have been able to really be lead and guided by the Spirit of the Lord here in Sun Prairie as we've exercised our faith through the good times, and the hard times as well. It has been a blessing to serve alongside him, and I'm very thankful for his companionship!

Elder Landon Layton
Benin Cotonou, West Africa Mission
French Speaking
I'm also really glad to hear that Landon is doing well out in Africa! I like to tell people that I have a friend who is serving in Africa haha. It makes me seem cooler.

My Subway card is non existent haha. I used up my Subway card a couple of weeks ago. That was a good card though, so thank you! I've currently used my Jimmy John's card quite a bit. I really like Jimmy John's.

Well, I don't really have a message today, because we didn't get a chance to do our usual personal study this morning. I will just close by saying thanks for all you guys do. I definitely feel closer to home as I continue to work harder, and I know that the more I think of the Savior the closer our family will become. I miss you guys a lot. Love you guys too.

Love,
Elder Gautavai

No comments:

Post a Comment