Everything is going really well here in Sun Prairie with Elder Gautavai!
My patriarchal blessing indicates that I will learn the full power of the Atonement of the Savior directly on my mission. I don't have time to ponder over my thoughts, and I'm sure someday I will share with each one of you what has happened, but for now, know that the work of the Lord is moving forward here in Sun Prairie.
I have been assigned to serve as a zone leader! I will be serving in the Milwaukee North Zone in Parkway, Wisconsin with Elder Wright. It is an honor to be able to serve as a zone leader, especially at this point in time. President Jones stated this past week that there will be 23 new missionaries entering into the field this
upcoming February (16 Elders, 7 Sisters), and that the missionaries who are currently
in the field need to "step their game up.
" I have definitely felt this the past month
or so. I have felt like the Lord is pleading for exactly obedient missionaries, diligent missionaries, and loving missionaries as well.
It is definitely time for every missionary
to step their games up, and I am just very thankful that the Lord has urged me to do this the past month or so.
It is very bittersweet at this point in time with leaving Sun Prairie. During our sacrament services this past Sunday, Elder Whicker and I were speakers on the program. While a member of the bishopric was conducting he stated that this would be Elder Gautavai's last Sunday in the Sun Prairie Ward, and then went on to say something along the lines of, "So you can consider this as his farewell talk" haha. I thought it was pretty clever!
We have plans to visit with the Hodges family tonight which I am looking forward to, but not looking forward to. When I was first here with Elder Marcum I was having such a hard time, and I just didn't know what to do. I remember going over to a member's home where the Hodges where there, but I hadn't yet met them. I remember Sister Hodges coming up and introducing herself, and asking me where I'm from. I felt like that was really nice of her, especially for a missionary who was having a hard time. As I continued to move forward I began to find that Brother Hodges enjoys the exact same sarcasm as myself, and therefore made me feel even more comfortable with the Hodges. Well, long story made short, they are such a sweet family, and it is going to be tough to say goodbye.
One thing that Elder Whicker and I have been doing a lot of is really working with the members of the Sun Prairie Ward. It was obvious a little easier because I've been here for quite some time now, but there has been a recent call for member missionary work here in the Sun Prairie Ward. With the work of the Lord hastening, and His call for more (obedient) missionaries, it comes as no surprise that we have been impressed to involve members into the Lord's work more. We have had very strong impressions lately to work with the members, and help them to serve the Lord. We teach them simple principles of "how" they can do missionary service. Often we will even ask them to stand-in as one of our investigators, so that they can feel the Spirit as we role play with them.
![]() |
| Back Row: Elder Whicker, Elder Gautavai, Elder May |
Well, I am a little nervous to be a zone leader now, but I'm excited about it as well. Elder May is in my zone as a district leader, so I will probably be able to go on an exchange or two with him before he heads back to Brigham City. It is crazy to think that almost a year ago Elder May was my trainer. Time really does go by super fast!
Well I'd like to talk about obedience. Obedience is essential to our Salvation. Recently I have had strong impressions which have changed my mindset from "what does the Lord expect of me?" to "what can I do for the Lord?" With increased obedience I have found that the Lord is in his promises. I am currently striving to be exactly obedient to the white missionary handbook, and to influence others to do the same. I encourage each of you to follow each commandment willingly and with exactness. Elder M. Russell Ballard stated that, ". . . there is no spiritual power in living by convenience. The power comes as we keep our covenants." I know this is true.
Well I'd like to talk about obedience. Obedience is essential to our Salvation. Recently I have had strong impressions which have changed my mindset from "what does the Lord expect of me?" to "what can I do for the Lord?" With increased obedience I have found that the Lord is in his promises. I am currently striving to be exactly obedient to the white missionary handbook, and to influence others to do the same. I encourage each of you to follow each commandment willingly and with exactness. Elder M. Russell Ballard stated that, ". . . there is no spiritual power in living by convenience. The power comes as we keep our covenants." I know this is true.
Love you guys!
Elder Gautavai




No comments:
Post a Comment