It is good to be able to write to each one of you today, and express some of my thoughts and impressions from the course of the past week. It was a pretty good week with lots of downs, and lots of ups as well.
It sounds like everything is going pretty well back at home. It's good to hear that all is well. I never thought that the work of the Lord would be so obvious to me as it is now, but I'm seeing it work in so many different people, especially back at home. I'm glad that each of you are enjoying the blessings from the Lord. Continue to move forward.
I got an email from Elder Gautavai today, and it was a very good email. I'm really not all that surprised that Elder Gautavai's testimony is as strong as it is now. He seems to be doing very well. He told me that he's currently maintaining zone leader responsibilities along with training responsibilities as well. I'm so glad to see that he is doing well, and it is definitely a great example for me to feed off of.
Man...I don't think I would know what to do if I didn't see Papa Smurf's van at the house. That is a weird thought for me to even think about, but I figured it had to be coming up sooner or later. You should definitely tell him to purchase a brand new Jeep Rubicon!
I haven't been able to write letters the past couple of weeks because of how clouded my mind has been the past couple of months. On top of zone leader responsibilities, the rigors of the work, and my personal shortcomings I haven't been able to write just about anyone the past couple of months. I'm not sure if I'll be able to write anyone for the rest of my mission as I just can't seem to find the time or the thoughts to put together, but just wanted to let you know that my mail has pretty much stopped haha.
This past week was a weird one here in Parkway. We started off the week really slow, and when I say slow, I mean SLOW! I don't even think we taught a lesson until about Wednesday, maybe even Thursday. It was crazy! We had just about everything fall through prior to Thursday, so we were pretty motivated after Thursday though.
We were able to run into a recent convert who has recently gone less-active by the name of Sherry F. I have been frustrated w/Sister F, and I even admit I haven't even wanted to visit her, because she has probably only answered the door once since I have been in the area. Well, we felt impressed to go and visit her, and sure enough the door to get into her apartment complex was locked, but we decided to wait it out. As we waited it out, much to our delight, a random young lady came out of the locked door, and we were then free to enter. As we went inside we knocked on Sister F door, and she answered! We were able to visit w/her right there for just a few minutes, and wanting to know what's been going on. She expressed her very humbling thoughts from what has been going on in her life, and her desire to be strengthened. She then told us to just not give up on her. We assured her that we would not give up, but that it will take effort on her part as well to bounce back up. She didn't end up coming to church after our short visit, but we're looking forward to helping her out this week.
We are also working with a young man by the name of Shaun J. I'm not sure if I've told you about him, but he is originally from Wisconsin, but moved to Arizona not too long ago to play golf. While in Arizona he met his girlfriend, who happens to be a member of the church. Well, she introduced him to her faith, and it turns out that he would end up moving back to Wisconsin. He came to church a couple of weeks ago, and we've taught him ever since. He has strong desires, especially for having no religious background, and seems to be willing to progress. He would make a great Priesthood holder, and laborer for the Lord in His Kingdom! It would also be great to see him and his girlfriend go to the temple in a couple of years too!
Elder Wright and I are doing good in helping the zone to continue to move the work forward. It seems like everyone was hit by a wall this past week, as our calls with the district leaders sounded like some areas may be a little burned out. I'm excited to be able to lift each area in the up and coming week. I have always felt that the thing I need to do in situations such as these is to tell each area they're not doing what they're supposed to be doing, and they need to do things better. I have switched my mindset to trying to help the zone find joy in doing the hard things we're asked to do, and giving them counsel and support in the things in which they do well, and the things they might not be doing well in.
Well, everything is going well. My only thought today comes from a couple of verses I read in 3 Nephi 18:14-17. Here the Savior is visiting with the Nephites, and has just finished instituting the Sacrament for the first of 3 times. After instituting the Sacrament the Savior discourses His disciples on the blessings that come from keeping his commands. He teaches us in verses 14-17 when we do the things He commands, then we are built upon a solid foundation of rock, but if we don't follow His commands we are then placed upon a sandy foundation. He insures His disciples those who are on this sandy foundation will not prevail when the storms come, and it beat upon them. I know the Lord is the rock we must build upon by developing faith in Him, repenting of our sins, following the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. As we do these things, we're promised all that the Father has!
Love you guys!
Elder Gautavai



No comments:
Post a Comment