Yes, I do need the money! Thank you so much! We have all of 0 dinner appointments with the members in the next 6 days, it is unbelievable! I wasn't quite sure what to do, other than starve ha ha. Thanks so much for putting some money on my card. I will definitely be more thrifty in how I spend the money.
![]() |
| Rylee Bountiful Boy Soccer State Champions 2013 |
The little excerpt from Evan Parry was really cool! It's something that I've thought about a lot, is just this idea of always doing the small and simple things, and allowing the bigger things to work themselves out. I've really been able to gain a strong testimony of doing the small and simple things here on a mission. I know without a doubt as long as I cling to the scriptures, and ask the Lord for help in prayer, he will always lead me out of the difficult times! I've definitely felt that since I've been here in Parkway, and in particular clinging on to Preach My Gospel has helped me a lot as a missionary!
We're trying to work with the wonderful family of about 4 right now, and are also still trying to work with Tiffany. We found the family by way of missionary referral, and they just had a recent death in the family. There's about 4 in the family, I think, and we're scheduled to meet with them this Saturday. That should be a fun time, as we've really been struggling with finding people who will allow us to share the Gospel with them. I think a lot of our struggles is that the Parkway Ward has been very discouraged lately with all of the people moving out of the ward as well.
Tiffany is probably our most solid investigator at this point in time, and we feel like she is exactly what the doctor ordered. We feel like the Parkway Ward needs someone who will just stick to their ward, and lift them in any way possible, and we feel like Tiffany could really do that. She's in her mid-late 20's, and her mom is a member of the church, but is very inactive. They are both really nice people, and are always telling us about how they are looking for a "church home." We're excited to help Tiffany and her mom Pamela, to be able to read the Book of Mormon, and pray to know if it is true, as we think that that will change their desires from finding a "church home" to converting to the Lord.
![]() |
| Port Washington, Wisconsin Light House |
One cool experience that I did have this past week was on my exchange with the Port Washington Elders! I was with a missionary named Elder Lifferth, from Nashville, Tennesse, and we decided to go for a morning jog to the lighthouse. It was beautiful! I couldn't believe how beautiful Port Washington was at 6:30 in the morning. There was a nice mist in the air, cool breeze, and no one awake yet, so it was awesome! Well anyways, we get to the lighthouse and begin to talk to a fisherman! Turns out he was born and raised in Brigham City, UT! He told us he was a devout member of the Lutheran church, and after trying to invite him to listen to our message, he decided that he wasn't interested. Well anyways, it was just way cool to have met someone who was born and raised in Brigham City in Port Washington, Wisconsin. Ha ha it was crazy!
Well that's all that is going on with us right now. We're still trying to lift the zone all that we can. It seems as if the zone is getting pretty discouraged, especially in setting baptismal dates, but we have a zone training meeting next month so we should be able to address some of their concerns there which we're very excited for! Based on what we've been looking at is there is just a lot of inexperience in the zone, and it's also a very small zone as well. We're looking forward to trying to lift it though.
One thing that really stood out to me today during my personal study was the importance of putting off the natural man. I enjoyed reading about putting off the natural man, and changing our desires from Mosiah 16. The one thing that really hit my mind as I was reading this the idea there needs to be two things that happen in order for us to put off the natural man is; 1. know what we should be doing and 2. going and doing it. It's something I'm trying to work on as I do the small and simple things every day and look to implement what I study into my daily life as well.
Love you guys!
Elder Gautavai
PS: I need Grandpa's chili recipe, and any other recipe you choose to send, because we're all about cooking now!


No comments:
Post a Comment