I wasn't able to email this morning, because we were busy helping someone from the ward move. She's a recent convert of a couple of months, so of course she was too nervous to ask the ward for help until last second, so we decided we were the only ones to help, then the ward was frustrated that we were asking for assistance, and yeah. I'm really glad we decided to just help her out, and we could tell it meant a lot for her as she is super busy. We figured it had to be done, and we can lift stuff, so we just decided to go through with helping her out.
I'm transferring! I'm headed to the Wisconsin Rapids Ward to serve with an Elder named Elder Heath. He loves to tell me at our leadership council meetings, "man when your group came in, I remember thinking how cool it would be to train a Polynesian." Ha ha I'm super excited to serve with Elder Heath, and I think we'll end up being really good friends.
I spotted President Cutler during the NMPS broadcast as well! It wasn't for too long, but we spotted him. That was pretty cool to see, and boy am I excited to serve alongside President Cutler. I felt like the meeting had a big emphasis on members doing missionary work, missionaries augmenting the ward in their missionary efforts, the missionaries filling their days with meaningful activities (computers as well), and the cornerstone to the success of a ward being the unit council. I agreed with all of these things full heartedly, and it was an answer to prayers! I have been praying a lot for the Parkway Ward to embrace missionary work, come out of their comfort zones, and open their mouths. I also liked how they talked a lot about how ward council's need to focus on part-member families as well. I already have some ideas flowing through my mind to begin implementing immediately.
I can't believe that Rylito is already down at school. I don't think I'll ever be able to see him as a college student. I think I'll always see him as my best pal! It's so crazy to see how fast time is going. Carson even told me that Mekelee is receiving the Aaronic Priesthood this July, that is also crazy! That is also pretty cool that he was able to meet Cole Jones down at school. When Cole, Elder Jones, was in the mission field, I always looked up to the simplicity in his teaching, and his diligent work ethic. He'll be a great football player at BYU as well!
We had a pretty hectic weekend with transfer information, and today has been just as crazy as we've had to figure out the logistics for the missionaries all over the mission. Well...we didn't figure them out, but we're responsible for understanding them, and conducting them on Wednesday. We have 36 missionaries coming into the field this up and coming transfer, which means that each of those missionaries needs trainers, which means there are missionaries from all over the mission who need to end up at the Milwaukee South Stake Center, and back, and also all other missionaries need to get to their new areas as well. I have been assigned to drive a car from the Stake Center to Oshkosh, then from Oshkosh I will head in the vehicle headed for Stevens Point, where I will then travel to Wisconsin Rapids. Transfer week is always super hectic!
The missionaries in the MTC picture from left to right are Sister Case, Sister Crossley (both go home in August), Elder Aubrey, Elder Quintrequio (front), Elder Bunnell, Elder Bean, Elder Anderson, and Elder Harmon. Elder Harmon is an Assistant, so we had the chance to go on an exchange this past week, and it was amazing! We invited a guy to pray to know if what we were sharing with him was true, he said he wouldn't, we asked him if he'd ever received an answer to a prayer, and he said no, so we tried to help him develop faith right not the spot, but it still didn't work. Elder Bunnell is from American Fork, Elder Aubrey is from American Fork, Elder Bean is from Orem, Elder Anderson is from California, Elder Harmon is from Arizona, Elder Quintrequio is from Ogden, Sister Case is from Texas, and Sister Crossley is from Roy.
I was reading in Alma 27 this morning, and it's the close of the 14 year mission of the sons of Mosiah. Upon completing their journey, the oldest brother Ammon begins to share how grateful he is for the Lord in allowing him to arrive at the point he is at. In Alma 27 Ammon talks about how when they were depressed, and didn't want to move forward, the Lord comforted them in telling them to be patient through their afflictions, and the Lord would grant them success. I know that patience allows us to avoid contention, and it allows us time to listen for the Lord's promptings for us.
Love you guys!!
Elder Gautavai



No comments:
Post a Comment