Monday, January 6, 2014

Continue to Deepen My Conversion


Hello!
Man it is FRIGID here in Wisconsin Rapids.  I've attached a picture of the temperature this morning. 

This morning, the Flinder's invited us over to their house so we could run on their treadmills instead of running outside, and guess what I ran...I ran a 16:00 minute 2 mile.  It was intense! Elder McMoore was nowhere near ha ha.

Everything is going well for us here in Wisconsin Rapids.  We had a great lesson last week with one of our investigators named Nicole.  We took a member of our ward with us, Bro. Hunter, and he bore strong testimony on the principle of acting.  He bore strong testimony in order for them to progress in the Gospel, they must come to church.  We were really excited to have them come to church this Sunday, and then church got cancelled.  Talk about a bummer.  We're looking to meet with them again this Thursday.

We had a great lesson with Joe yesterday.  We had to reset his baptismal date to February 15.  We taught him more about Life After Death from both the Book of Mormon and the Bible.  It was awesome because he really caught a glimpse of what the Book of Mormon means when it makes the claim it is comparable to the Bible, and it contains the same Gospel contained in the Gospel.  We could really feel the spirit as Joe began to connect scriptures from 1 Corinthians 15 to Alma 40 concerning Life After Death.  We have another meeting with him later this evening.  We will be sharing about the Pre-Earth life, Earth life, agency, the Fall, and the Atonement.  We're excited!

We have interviews this week with President Cutler, and I'm excited to counsel with him.  It hit me last night the person who has more trust in Elder Gautavai than anyone else here in the field is President Cutler.  I have felt this lift me each day I've been here in Wisconsin Rapids.  The white handbook says, one way that the Lord shows his trust for missionaries is often through the Mission President.  I'm excited to hear some insights he has that will give me a boost!

I'm excited to do hard things when I return home.  I'm excited to expound on what I have learned in these past two years.  I'm excited to continue to deepen my conversion through the Book of Mormon upon my return home.  But most of all, I'm excited to leave a legacy here in the Wisconsin Milwaukee mission.  If it wasn't for obedience, faith, patience, and trials, I wouldn't be at such a high point today! 

I'm grateful for the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon.  I feel as if I know the Book of Mormon prophets personally, and I feel their concern and love for us today.  More importantly, I'm grateful for the Savior.  I truly do love His work, and I love His children here in Wisconsin! They are amazing people!

Love you guys!
Elder Gautavai


No comments:

Post a Comment