Monday, April 16, 2012

Surprisingly, There Was About 70


Hello!
Today has been a fantastic P-Day so far. We came to the library from the Scott's about 30 minutes ago. We do our laundry and studies at the Scott's house on P-Days. I don't know what I'm going to do when I transfer and I don't have the Scott's to rely on anymore ha, ha. Well...Sister Scott really ha, ha.

Set A Date For Baptism
This past week was pretty tough. Just when everything seems to be going well for us we always seem to get trials again. This past week we set a baptismal date w/a guy named Jimmy on Wednesday. I wrote about him in a letter you should be receiving either today or Tuesday. But any ways, we set a date for May 11 w/him and by Saturday he was already duck-swooping our appointment w/him. That was pretty hard to fathom, to say the least. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were 3 pretty long days for me.

Sunday was a different story! I had been praying a lot to have my trials help me build humility, and for the most part, the trials I experienced Thursday-Saturday were not in vain. Sunday was a very good day. Surprisingly, there was about 70 members who turned out for church. I couldn't believe how many people showed up. We were able to set a dinner appointment up w/an inactive family we've been trying hard to reactivate named the Willis family. We met a single mother who currently moved here from California and is looking to turn her life to God. It was nice to just be able to enjoy our time at church. It was a good day to recuperate.

Our 3 investigators Jim, Jimmy, and Pete are all doing fairly good for the most part. We should be able to set a date w/Pete by the end of this week, but we will see how that goes. Pete's a cool guy, but I'm starting to get the feeling he isn't reading the Book of Mormon to find out if it's true, but reading it more so to increase his knowledge and then possibly find reasons to say it's not true. We're going to try to discern his thoughts and help him to be baptized. Nothing is impossible with the Spirit of God!

Bridge between Marientte WI & Menominee MI
Oh man...you should've seen how terrible of a day Elder May and I had on Saturday. It was crazy. We've decided the people in Menominee, MI seem to lack hope. They are so caught up in their current state it causes them not to need the Lord. We feel like people in Marinette are very nice. The majority of people in Marinette are very nice to us, but they always reject our message, politely ha, ha. The people in Menominee are a total different story. They pretty much don't like us in Menominee. It seems like the second our feet touch the bridge to cross into Menominee we can feel we are not wanted there ha,ha. On Saturday we were rejected hardcore by 3 people, one guy flipped us off from his car, another yelled at us and another honked at us. Oh man we just felt totally hated ha, ha. 

Elder Gautavai & Elder Bird on
Exchanges in Green Bay
I'm doing good though! Thanks for the CD! Oh man...it's so nice to have music to listen to. I'm thinking that you could send another one?? Ha, ha. I really like music! I will be making a video tonight for you guys after our lesson w/Jim. It should be a good one! Does G-Pa have any cool ties he would like to send me? I think my ties will suffice, but it would be nice to have some other ones as well. I have taken a few pictures, yes. I am going to email you a picture from my exchange in Green Bay this past week w/Elder Bird. It's a pretty funny pic ha,ha. 

Well, I hope you all are doing awesome. I know that being here on a mission has blessed me, personally, in so many different ways. I miss you guys a lot and think about each one of you every day. I know what I am doing here will bless you all more than anything I can do at home though. I will continue to press forward w/faith, because I know if any of you were in my shoes you would do the same. Thank you for being the best family a young man could ask for! 

Love,
Elder Gautavai

PS: Tell my cat hello! Kitty!

No comments:

Post a Comment