Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanks for Being Persistent

Hello!

Yes, the coat should be able to fit Elder McMoore. He says, "thank you!"

The only thing I can think I really need for Christmas is just a smaller white shirt, so I can have to wear off the plane, and I can wear to meetings in the short time I have left. Other than that I really don't need anything else. I think 17 is my new neck size, but 16 1/2 may work as well, but yeah that's all I need.

Okay so the coat was GIGANTIC on me! So I'm not sure what size ha ha, because I'm not too familiar with the numbers being a size. The best way I can describe the other coat is, in order for it to be a regular fit on me, I could pull the buttons on the coat all the way over to the left side of my body. I also still wear my other coat, but that one is a 3X, so that one is GIGANTIC on me as well.

Also...were you guys planning on doing Skype or just calling? It doesn't matter to me either way, so I was going to see what you guys were planning on doing for Christmas.

Funny you would ask what we're doing for Thanksgiving, because we're actually spending it with the Sister missionaries! Ha ha ha just joking, it's not just us and the Sisters, but we are having dinner together ha ha ha. Whenever we go over to a member's house with the Sister's, and it's only the mom and dad, Elder Johnson and I (my last companion) would always say, "looks like we're going on another triple date with the Sister's" ha ha ha ha. It's really refreshing serving with Sisters in the same Ward though. There are definitely times where I wish there wasn't Sisters, but as I compare it to the times on my mission where we didn't have Sisters, it is definitely a good thing. It used to be a huge event when you got to see the Sister missionaries at zone meetings and stuff. The Sisters that serve here are great missionaries, so that makes things work out well.

Elder McMoore is still enjoying "Elder Gautavai's Concentration Camp" as it is now known in the mission. Everyone now knows that if you serve with Elder Gautavai you can plan on 1. running every morning 2. attempting to eat healthier and 3. working working working all day. This comprises the ELDER GAUTAVAI CONCENTRATION CAMP! 



That's awesome Rylito was able to go through the temple this past week. I literally can hardly remember anything from the temple, because it has been so long ha ha. People talk about temple work all the time, and I have to sit there silent, because a lot of their testimonies come from recent experiences. I look forward to going through the temple again!

President Cutler gave me the opportunity to bear, what used to be called your "departing testimony" this past week in Zone Conference, and it was awesome. My goal whenever I bore testimony or gave a talk in the past was always...well I guess I didn't really have a goal ha ha, because I didn't know what I was doing. My mindset has taken a complete 180 degree turn for the better. I've pondered a lot about the opportunity I was going to have to bear my last testimony to the mission, and my new mindset was I just wanted to make sure I said what God wanted me to say, and I felt like I said the words that needed to be said. As I shared my testimony with the zone I felt impressed with how much more refined, dignified, and pure my testimony of the Gospel now is. It was amazing! I bore testimony of the divinity of the Book of Mormon, God's love, and also the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I felt really good about it, and am excited to continue to move forward!

The work is going great as well. We ran into a guy named J that I haven't seen since summer, and boy has he gone down hill, but as much as he has gone down hill, he was that much more excited to see us run into him. Here is his story:

There's this guy named J that Elder Heath and I taught over the summer, but ever since summer, it has been hard for us to get back into contact with him. The good news for us is that he told us that he was planning on moving to Rapids. He originally lived about 30 minutes out of Rapids.

Well, he got really busy with moving, family responsibilities, trying to find a job, etc. . .and we essentially completely lost contact with him. We still had his number, so we talked with him a couple of times on the phone, but no solid contacts were ever being made. Throughout all of this I always felt impressed we needed to call J every single day, literally every single day. So for the most part we did. For almost 4 months straight, we called J every single day.

The other day while Elder McMoore and I were walking, we were able to go visit one more person, but we felt impressed we needed to go back to the car early, and visit the person after we get the car. As we were walking back to the car, guess who we run into, J!!!! Well...we ran into his cousin, and his cousin waved us down, and told us that J was in the store. So he runs inside the store gets J, and J comes outside.

J has gone down hill since we last visited with him, and stress has ultimately gotten the best of him, and now he's given into alcohol and what not. Well he told us that he was going through these difficult times, but that he was so happy to see us, and he is anxious to sit down and visit with us. He then said something that really impacted me personally, he said, "thanks for being persistent guys."

This small phrase really impacted me as I didn't know why I was so impressed to call J every single day for 4 months in a row, only mission a handful of days, but I did it, and while he only answered 2 or 3 times out of every single time I called him, I knew that it was the Spirit guiding me to hang on to J. We have an appointment with him tonight at 8, so we're excited to help him out!

I know this is God's work, and these are His children. He can help them wherever they may be, and He is anxious to rescue them in their time of need. We need to be the vessel through which God can work, and through our faith and diligence, God will use us to rescue His struggling children!

Love you guys!
Elder Gautavai

PS: This is Sister Cutler (President Cutler's wife) with my hat on!





No comments:

Post a Comment