Everything is going well for us here in Wisconsin Rapids. Elder McMoore got two of his Christmas packages this past week and it was filled with corned beef, chocolate covered macadamia nuts, arare crackers, shrimp ramen, oriental ramen, dried mango in lihing mui, white rabbit candy, and some Hawaiian popcorn as well. It was awesome, because it was all good stuff, and we both shared it! Elder McMoore is half Samoan and half Maori.
Our Thanksgiving was really good. We spent it with two member families, and also the Sister missionaries ha ha ha.
I gained a strong testimony last night of the power of fasting. It hit me like a mighty wind, and the impressions that I received were very peaceful.
Saturday night, I prayed to know how to best help the Sister missionaries here in the district. I prayed to know what I personally needed to do to help them. I've been really unsettled since the beginning of this transfer with everything going on here in Rapids. A lot of it is the big change we have gone through, but a lot of it was also some things that were going on.
During church I continued to feel this same feeling. Something was very wrong, and I could feel it strongly. I didn't feel this at all when Sister H and Sister L were here at all. In fact, I didn't really feel it at all when Sister H was here.
Well...I went on throughout my day doing our normal routines. After talking with the Sister's for their Sunday follow-up, I felt that same uneasy feeling. I decided to call them again later that night to follow-up on one of their investigators, and I again felt very uneasy when I talked with them.
As I shared some of my insights with Elder McMoore last night, it hit me that there was a HUGE problem. It hit me that one of the Sister's here in Rapids has been COMPLETELY NEGLECTED since she has arrived here in Wisconsin Rapids. I felt so impressed that she needed help, and that she needed acknowledgement from her mission leaders. Immediately after receiving this impression I called the Zone Leaders and told them everything that had been making me feel so uneasy. I told them this Sister missionary was completely being neglected, and that she needed to be noticed.
I testify that fasting is a divine principle, and it is a tool to receiving the Lord's guidance. I testify God knows all of His children, and puts them into the places they need to be in to be able to return to live with Him. I know God loves the missionaries here in the district, and wants each one of them to fulfill all that He has for them. I know God lives, and He wants us to return to live with him.
Love you guys!
Elder Gautavai
I gained a strong testimony last night of the power of fasting. It hit me like a mighty wind, and the impressions that I received were very peaceful.
Saturday night, I prayed to know how to best help the Sister missionaries here in the district. I prayed to know what I personally needed to do to help them. I've been really unsettled since the beginning of this transfer with everything going on here in Rapids. A lot of it is the big change we have gone through, but a lot of it was also some things that were going on.
During church I continued to feel this same feeling. Something was very wrong, and I could feel it strongly. I didn't feel this at all when Sister H and Sister L were here at all. In fact, I didn't really feel it at all when Sister H was here.
Well...I went on throughout my day doing our normal routines. After talking with the Sister's for their Sunday follow-up, I felt that same uneasy feeling. I decided to call them again later that night to follow-up on one of their investigators, and I again felt very uneasy when I talked with them.
As I shared some of my insights with Elder McMoore last night, it hit me that there was a HUGE problem. It hit me that one of the Sister's here in Rapids has been COMPLETELY NEGLECTED since she has arrived here in Wisconsin Rapids. I felt so impressed that she needed help, and that she needed acknowledgement from her mission leaders. Immediately after receiving this impression I called the Zone Leaders and told them everything that had been making me feel so uneasy. I told them this Sister missionary was completely being neglected, and that she needed to be noticed.
I testify that fasting is a divine principle, and it is a tool to receiving the Lord's guidance. I testify God knows all of His children, and puts them into the places they need to be in to be able to return to live with Him. I know God loves the missionaries here in the district, and wants each one of them to fulfill all that He has for them. I know God lives, and He wants us to return to live with him.
Love you guys!
Elder Gautavai

No comments:
Post a Comment