Friday, March 2, 2012

Going Quite Well in Wisconsin

Dear Family,

Hello! Well everything is going quite well here in Wisconsin. We were not able to find any new investigators, but we were able to meet w/a lot of part member families and less actives/recent converts. It's nice to meet w/these people because they are like investigators. We are looking to work really hard w/these part-member families to see if we can get them baptized. We will definitely continue working with/them. I have met some pretty sweet members though. Almost all are from Utah. It's crazy how many of the active members are from Utah. The First Counselor of our branch actually lived in Bountiful in 2006, I think he said. Get this...when he lived in Bountiful he was Taylor Byington's back door neighbor. He knows Brian Simmons and Nate Higginson, and his brother lives next door to Morgan Ellis, so he knows all of those people. His name is Brother Figueira.


I also met a family who attended West. The father knows Coach Lloyd very well. He went to school with him. So I'm not sure if you, Carson, or Matt would know him. His name is Brother Michael Scott. I think Michael is his first name. The Scott family is an awesome family. We eat dinner with the Scott's every Sunday.

I was thinking Wisconsin would have some really good cooks, but so far I have not been impressed. They feed us a lot though! We have about 5-6 dinners a week which is good. I have yet to be amazed though ha, ha, especially from how a lot of people made it sound. But I have had some pretty good dishes. The members here are pretty cool.


One thing that is really good here is their chocolate and strawberry milks! It's amazing. I have a gallon of each and a gallon of Almond milk which is way good. I have been able to buy some good food on my P-days. P-days are nice cause I can go play ball.

But yeah, everything is good. One things that I do quite often is read my patriarchal blessing. My blessing is amazing! It makes more and more sense each time I read it. I try to read it at least once a day.

I have also been listening to the Auvaa Sisters' musical number a Window to His Love. It always amazes me how talented they are.  As I listen to the lyrics more and more, I have found the lyrics really apply to missionaries.

The most amazing thing that has happened thus far is probably my understanding of the scriptures! I try to find a good balance between the Book of Mormon and the Bible. My knowledge of both has increased quite a bit. Never in a million years did I think that I would understand the scriptures like I do now. I still have a lot to learn, but I am progressing.



Richard and Sole before the MTC curbside drop off

But yeah everything is going well here. Sole would love it here! Everyone has a dog too, no one has a fence, and there are lots of open spaces. He would probably get really dirty here knowing Sole. He is a feakin' nut ha, ha. Well I'm gonna go cook breakfast then we're off to district meeting!

Love you!

Elder Gautavai

No comments:

Post a Comment