Hello!
Yes, I have received everything. I received my bedding and my package w/the See's candy, vest, tie, letter, and pictures. The pictures were AMAZING!!! Thank you so much! Elder May enjoys looking through those pictures as well. Actually...he really enjoys looking through those pictures it's kind of funny ha ha. Elder May is such an awesome companion! I can be myself 100% of the time when I'm w/him. He is an awesome companion! I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to get a new companion.
Yes, I have received every letter you guys have sent. The only thing I didn't receive is the 2nd memory card, but I did get the one that came w/your letter. Not that I take pictures though...I never even take my camera outside the apartment ha ha.
I just barely wrote a letter this morning back to the house so you guys should receive it sometime this week. I haven't been writing a lot lately cause we have been very busy. Writing can be kind of stressful at times though, mainly because I like to write in cursive, my hand starts to hurt, and I don't write as much as I'd like to say. But I promised I will write you guys back whenever I have the time. I try my best to respond to letters from anyone else as fast as I can. But yeah you guys should receive another hand written letter sometime this week!
I don't have a lot of time in the library today (mainly cause we're going to go play bball so I can ball Elder May up) but I do have a spiritual thought! This spiritual thought comes from a talk from the 1980 October session of General Conference. Elder Malm of the Area 70, who spoke at Green Bay's stake conference, told us about the talk. I can't remember who the talk was by but the quote Elder Malm talked about was, "We shouldn't search for happiness, but we should try and live the Gospel as much as we can, and happiness will become a by-product." I like this quote a lot. It brings me to a scripture in Mosiah 2:22 where King Benjamin teaches his people the scriptures states, "And behold, all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments; and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land; and he never doth vary from that which he hath said; therefore, if ye do keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper you." I would invite you all, in the Gautavai house, to live the Gospel each and every day. You may make mistakes, you may feel temptation, you may give into temptation, and you may fall away from the path from time to time. But I promise you, our Heavenly Father loves us enough that he sent His Son to help us when we do fall off of the path. As you try your best to stay on the straight and narrow path by following God's commandments, live your life as Jesus lived his, and endure it well, our Father in Heaven has promised to bless and prosper you. So seek to live the Gospel in everything you do, and I promise you happiness will follow!
I love and miss you guys!
Elder Gautavai
No comments:
Post a Comment