Monday, August 13, 2012

I Can Feel Solace...By Praying

Good Morning,

Thanks for the pic from Rylito's scrimmage! Man...I just about started crying when I received the news article about the Region 6 projections. The work here has been tough, and that article definitely made my day.

Our apartment is not as nice as the one in Marinette! It's funny because Marinette has the best apartment in the entire mission, literally, and Sun Prairie's not so much! Well...I'm used to it now, but it's definitely not as nice as Marinette's.

Sister X is very nice, and very easy for me to talk to, but she's isn't ready to change. I was excited to work w/her because she's a less active/part member. She is from California I think, and she's Samoan, might be part Samoan I'm not sure.

Everything is going well for the most part. I really do love training, and the responsibilities that come from it, but I do wish some days I could be w/an experienced companion I can really feed off of, and really progress the work. It's on me through the Lord's direction to help train.

I've been praying so much, literally wrestling w/the Lord to help me know what to do and say here in Sun Prairie. I always feel like we could do more, or I'm not doing enough, or there has to be a better way, and the only way I can feel solace w/all of these is by praying.

There has just been so much going through my head, and I'm mentally just exhausted, and that's usually when the Lord is urging me to do more. In these times that I'm being urged to do more is the times when I was w/Elder Richards and May that we could really grow.

I just feel like I'm always making an effort in my prayers, and in the work to constantly become who the Lord wants me to become. I'm hoping the Lord will pick us up out of the little rut we're currently in soon. But no matter what happens, I know I'm serving in Sun Prairie, and training Elder Xiong for a reason, and that everything is on the Lord's time.

We do have a baptismal date w/a lady named Brenda Frey. She is part member, and she is a pretty sweet lady. She's like 60's ish...and pretty open to the message. My only concern w/her is she may be too nice to say no as she has already dodged our second appointment we set w/her. We're still going to work w/her and hopefully help her to progress towards her baptismal date!

I should be good on things for a little bit. I'm going through toothpaste and tooth brushes like there's no tomorrow, so maybe you could send some of that? Unless you wanted me to buy those on my own. I also will probably be needing lotion very soon. Oh I know what I need! So...funny story...my grey suit pant ripped hahaha. So I'm wondering if you guys could send out another pair? Because I don't think I can survive on one suit when we have to put the suits back on...but I'm going to leave that up to you guys. I was thinking I could send you the pants and then you guys send me another one haha. I'm not really sure what G-Pa thinks about that.

Well I'm doing great, and I'm sure you guys are as well. Just keep trying to love all of those around you, and have charity for those that don't have charity for you. That way they can learn how to love by your examples.

Love
Elder Gautavai

No comments:

Post a Comment