Good Morning,
| Elder Gautavai & Elder Xiong pointing to Sun Prairie |
The training aspect has been an eye opener for me. It has really caused me to refine my knowledge of the scriptures, the Gospel, the fundamentals, and Preach My Gospel. I am glad I got called to be a trainer at this point in time, because it's really helping me to stretch and grow in different ways than I had to in Marinette. It's definitely been quite the unique blessing.
Elder Xiong hails from Fresno, California. He is 1 of 3 members in his home, and was the only member until he baptized two of his sisters 3 days before entering the MTC. I am so excited to be his trainer, and to learn from him as well. Even in the short few days we've been companions, he has taught me more than I have probably taught him.
Kilpack is doing a better job being consistent w/his letters. I plan on writing him about as consistent as I would you guys, so I'm excited for that. I really like Colton's letters because he tells me about all of the events going on in Bountiful, then tells me his perspective. Kilpack's perspective is usually the perspective I would look at things as well so it makes me laugh haha.
I actually have caught some of the Olympics at Culver's and at a member's house, their name is the Clinton's. The Clinton's are awesome. If we've had a tough day and everything just isn't going our way, we can usually head to the Clinton's to relax and eat some food haha. But I've caught little bits and pieces here and there. From what I've heard...the Americans are tearing it up.
Well I thought I'd email about the more "worldly" things today I guess you could say, as I'm going to write about the spiritual experiences I had this past week in my letter home. I have decided to only write letters on P-Days, as I'm continuing to be impressed by ways I need to sacrifice, and continuing to strive to be exactly obedient. Most recently it has been to only write on Mondays. It's hard to get letters and not respond till Monday, but I've noticed that even though my mail intake has decreased by a lot, I don't mind it at all. It's just one of those small sacrifices I've seen benefit me and become a blessing in my life.
I would like to leave a scriptural message about having "real intent." Preach My Gospel teaches us if one is to talk to God w/real intent, then one will be committed to acting on the answers he/she receives. In Moroni's challenge for those who read the Book of Mormon he states we must pray w/faith, a sincere heart, and real intent. In the talk, "Dare to Stand Alone" by President Monson the prophet urges members whether they be 12 or 112 to solidify their testimonies through sincere pray of the Book of Mormon. As we pray we must pray w/real intent, and commit to acting on the answers we receive. There are countless stories in the Book of Mormon where individuals were commanded to perform a task, and had real intent about the task at hand. Often we may pray, wanting something, seeking answers, but we forget we have to act on the answers we receive. We have to show our Father in Heaven we are willing to act upon the answers we receive, and that we will continue to show our faith by doing so. I've seen how praying w/real intent has helped my prayers to be answered in more abundance, and through those answers there are no commandments our Father in Heaven will give us, save he will prepare a way for us to accomplish them. I know this is true.
Love,
Elder Gautavai
PS: Attached are some pictures of our apartment on Broadway Drive.
No comments:
Post a Comment