![]() |
| Gretchen Morrison & Rylee BHS Prom 2013 |
It sounds like everything is going well back in Bountiful! Rylito looks more sharp than ever! I think that he made a wonderful choice for a prom date. Glad to see that everything is going well!
We had a wonderful week in the zone this past week. The Elders and Sisters did a lot of lifting this week. There's still some areas we are trying to help, or I should say missionaries that we're trying to lift, but overall, the zone did awesome this week. It never seizes to amaze me how much I love each of the Elders and Sisters within the zone. We've had a lot of tough weeks here in Parkway, but it's always lifts me to see the progress of the missionaries here in the zone. We are very aware of the struggles each of the Elders and Sisters face, but week in and week out, they always make positive strides. They are doing awesome!
We currently have a "zone vision" to baptize weekly. Part of our vision is we have established goals to go along with this vision. Our two goals we have as a zone is to maintain 25 baptismal dates each week, and to also find 20 new investigators per week. The zone did awesome this week! We were able to see 20 baptismal dates, and 20 new investigators.
It has been awesome to see what's going on in the zone, because we definitely DO NOT have strength in numbers. Our zone is the smallest zone in the mission with 22 missionaries. It is also the smallest zone geographically. I have seen time and time again how courageous the zone is week in and week out in striving to reach the Standards of Excellence, and it has been awesome to see that! It also helps we have 3 very solid district leaders!
One thing that Elder Scott and I have developed is a White Missionary Handbook Training for district leaders. We gave it to them by way of suggestion, but it's something I feel is bold and loving, and I'm all about being bold! We suggested to each district leader each of them consider giving a 2-5 minute training each district meeting on a principle(s) taught in the White Missionary Handbook Training. We did this to combat the Milwaukee North Zone developing a casual/hang-out culture. With the influx of missionaries we're finding throughout the mission it is really easy for Elders and Sisters to just "hang-out," and forget their purpose. We feel a short 2-5 minute training each district meeting, given by either the district leader or an assigned Elder or Sister, will help each Elder and Sister to remain focused on their duty and responsibilities in their individual areas. We're way excited to see how everything works out!
I was able to go on an exchange this past week into the Waukesha area, with a new missionary named, Elder Jordan! It was an awesome experience! I enjoy being around the new missionaries, and to feel their humility and diligence. It brought me back to the days of being able to train Elder Whicker and Elder Xiong, and it made me think of how much I learned from serving with them. It was so neat to see how Elder Jordan had the same enthusiasm about the work Elder Whicker and Elder Xiong had, and also to see how humble he was to accept advice.
We were also able to meet with the Milwaukee North Stake Presidency this past week to discuss the missionary work here in the Stake. I love meeting with the Stake Presidency, and to hear their feedback on the needs and progress of the people throughout the zone. I have been very impressed with their love of the people throughout the North Stake. Whenever we visit with them they are focused on names, and the progress of our investigators, they really do want them to join the church. It's good because they can also be a big advocate for us in working with the members. If they see that we, as a zone, are doing great work, then they'll motivate the members more to do missionary work!
We're still working with the M Family and helping them towards baptism. We are also working with a girl named T, she's the daughter of a less-active lady in our ward. She seems very promising! We have an appointment with her tomorrow. We're also working with another guy named W. He is a friend of a family in our ward, so we're working with him. He's very intellectual, and thinks about things way too much. We plan on giving him a good dose of "How to Begin Teaching" and helping him to see that we're there to invite others to follow Christ, bottom line. Then we're also looking to work with a new investigator named N. We met her while we were knocking doors. She just happened to walk outside, and wanted us to teach her more about Christ, so we shared with her a little about the Plan of Salvation, then set up a return appointment! Those are the most solid people we are working with.
It has been awesome to see what's going on in the zone, because we definitely DO NOT have strength in numbers. Our zone is the smallest zone in the mission with 22 missionaries. It is also the smallest zone geographically. I have seen time and time again how courageous the zone is week in and week out in striving to reach the Standards of Excellence, and it has been awesome to see that! It also helps we have 3 very solid district leaders!
One thing that Elder Scott and I have developed is a White Missionary Handbook Training for district leaders. We gave it to them by way of suggestion, but it's something I feel is bold and loving, and I'm all about being bold! We suggested to each district leader each of them consider giving a 2-5 minute training each district meeting on a principle(s) taught in the White Missionary Handbook Training. We did this to combat the Milwaukee North Zone developing a casual/hang-out culture. With the influx of missionaries we're finding throughout the mission it is really easy for Elders and Sisters to just "hang-out," and forget their purpose. We feel a short 2-5 minute training each district meeting, given by either the district leader or an assigned Elder or Sister, will help each Elder and Sister to remain focused on their duty and responsibilities in their individual areas. We're way excited to see how everything works out!
I was able to go on an exchange this past week into the Waukesha area, with a new missionary named, Elder Jordan! It was an awesome experience! I enjoy being around the new missionaries, and to feel their humility and diligence. It brought me back to the days of being able to train Elder Whicker and Elder Xiong, and it made me think of how much I learned from serving with them. It was so neat to see how Elder Jordan had the same enthusiasm about the work Elder Whicker and Elder Xiong had, and also to see how humble he was to accept advice.
We were also able to meet with the Milwaukee North Stake Presidency this past week to discuss the missionary work here in the Stake. I love meeting with the Stake Presidency, and to hear their feedback on the needs and progress of the people throughout the zone. I have been very impressed with their love of the people throughout the North Stake. Whenever we visit with them they are focused on names, and the progress of our investigators, they really do want them to join the church. It's good because they can also be a big advocate for us in working with the members. If they see that we, as a zone, are doing great work, then they'll motivate the members more to do missionary work!
We're still working with the M Family and helping them towards baptism. We are also working with a girl named T, she's the daughter of a less-active lady in our ward. She seems very promising! We have an appointment with her tomorrow. We're also working with another guy named W. He is a friend of a family in our ward, so we're working with him. He's very intellectual, and thinks about things way too much. We plan on giving him a good dose of "How to Begin Teaching" and helping him to see that we're there to invite others to follow Christ, bottom line. Then we're also looking to work with a new investigator named N. We met her while we were knocking doors. She just happened to walk outside, and wanted us to teach her more about Christ, so we shared with her a little about the Plan of Salvation, then set up a return appointment! Those are the most solid people we are working with.
I've been really impressed lately that the Lord does not like those who are learned. I was reading in 2 Nephi 9 this morning, and I loved this scripture, it says this ". . .and the wise, and the learned, and they that are rich, who are puffed up because of their learning, and their wisdom, and their riches-yea, they are they whom he despiseth; and save they shall cast these things away, and consider themselves fools before God, and come down in the depths of humility, he will not open unto them." I read in the Doctrine and Covenants today as well, and it teaches us to give to the needy and care for the poor, and that that will help us to avoid being the learned and prideful people of the world. I know this is true!
I love you guys!
Elder Gautavai
I love you guys!
Elder Gautavai



No comments:
Post a Comment