Monday, July 22, 2013

Going Great in Wisconsin Rapids


First thing...DO NOT FORGET TO TAKE A TON OF PICTURES FROM RYLITO'S PRACTICES, AND THEN SEND THEM TO ME...DO NOT FORGET!!!!!!!!!!!!! The pictures have been slacking from the Gautavai's!!!!!

Man...I'm so happy for Jake.  I really do feel like he made tremendous strides on his mission, and I'm really happy that he developed as much as he did.  Little does everyone know, but he was always such a great example for me growing up; I'm sure Camree and Rylee as well!  It is good to hear his mission was successful.  I also CANNOT believe he is home...unbelievable.
 
I had a great exchange this past week with an Elder named Elder Cook.  He is still new into the mission field, as he has only been out for about 4 months, but is commited to share the Gospel.  It's funny because I finally understand how to work with new missionaries, as before I just wanted to throw every ounce of knowledge I had directly upon the missionary.  At the beginning of the exchange...I just asked the Lord to help me to know of at least one way I could lift him and just one thing he really needed to hear.  As directed by the Spirit I was lifted as I was able to understand the promptings I was receiving in helping him as a missionary.  I knew he wasn't going to have to take anything I said into consideration, but anything I said could touch him more than I could ever comprehend.  I'll say, I felt like my prayer was answered, and I was able to share with him exactly what he needed, and I do feel like we were both uplifted during the exchange. 

Elder Gautavai, Matt Schmidt, & Elder Heath


We, in Wisconsin Rapids, are doing great.  We just had a baptism this past Friday of a young man by the name of Matt Schmidt.  He is a part-member.  He was already being taught when I got here, but I could recognize his faith develop even in the couple of visits I have been able to make to teach him with Elder Heath.  It was cool to see his desire to enter into the waters of baptism increase as we continued to share more about the Gospel with him.  He said his turning point was when he read a pamphlet about Joseph Smith, and he couldn't deny that all of this wasn't a lie.  He is great!
 
We're also working with quite a few other people as well, but just too many to write down right now.  We're finding a lot of solid people, and we're doing all we can to remain balanced, and also diligent.  It has been a big blessing for Elder Heath and I to remain diligent, as we're starting to find "trunky" hitting a lot of the more seasoned missionaries.  We've been motivated a lot to be diligent lately.
 
The Wausau Zone didn't do too hot this week, and we felt like it was a combination of a couple of things;  1. Inexperienced District Leaders 2. Inexperienced missionaries, period. 3. Lack of courage amongst the more seasoned missionaries.
 
We're working through it with patience, and we're seeking to understand what the zone truly needs to be uplifted at this point in time.  I feel like it's definitely not a bad thing to go through difficult times, we're just trying to help our zone to see everything isn't really as bad as everyone thinks it is.
 
Everything is going great for Elder Heath and I.  I feel like we have a wonderful balance in teaching and also training.  Elder Heath and I have been able to talk through a lot of things in trying to uplift the Rapids Ward, and also the Wausau Zone, which has been a big blessing.  I would imagine it would be hard if my companion and I could never see eye-to-eye especially in guiding a zone.  I feel like we have blessed with balanced teaching as we both focus more on our purpose as missionaries as we invite others to follow the Savior.
 
I was reading in Alma 56-57 this morning, and it talked a lot about diligence, obedience, and patience as well.  I really liked Alma 57:9 that says "And it came to pass that we did camp round about the city for many nights; but we did sleep upon our swords, and keep guards, that the Lamanites could not come upon us by night and slay us, which they attempted many times; but as many times as they attempted this their blood was spilt."  I liken this to being anxiously engaged.  Even when the Nephites were asleep they were constantly prepared to defend themselves, and fight against their enemies.  We can be anxiously engaged as we treasure up God's word each and every day.   
 
Love you guys!
Elder Gautavai

No comments:

Post a Comment