Monday, July 15, 2013

Onward Ever Onward

Good Morning!

Thanks for putting some money on my Zions account.  It is literally impossible for us to maintain our funds since we never get fed like we did in Sun Prairie.  It's also hard as we just barely moved into a new apartment, so I've been having to spend a lot of my mission funds on cleaning supplies, and what not, and it makes it so I have to spend my personal card when we go out to eat.  Man...I've been missing Sun Prairie a lot lately! 


You know...I was thinking the other day...I am literally going to be home soon...and while I'm excited to see the family again, I can't believe what a marvelous journey it has been the past 18 months or so.  I was thinking back to who I was when we boarded the plane to fly to Milwaukee, and it's almost as if that person does not exist anymore.  I've gained so much understanding of how to fight temptation, lift where I stand, and follow the promptings of the spirit since I've been out.  There are so many other things I have learned, but I've been reflecting over who I was more than a year ago, and I have seen a miracle in my own life.  I am grateful for the opportunity I have to give full service to the Lord.


 I look at all of the knowledge I've gained over my mission, and the patience I've gained as well, and I feel blessed as I feel these things have given me an advantage.  It has helped me to follow the Savior in all of the decisions I make both big and small.  It has impressed me lately as my Patriarachal Blessing mentions decision making quite a bit, and I feel very confident in listening to the Spirit, and then making a decision from there.  Just another remarkable lesson I've learned while I've been here.

Anyways...those are just some thoughts I felt impressed to share.  Overall, I'm grateful for the Savior, and especially for His Gospel.  It has lifted me, and it has lifted the lives of those around me:  member, nonmembers, and missionaries as well.  President Cutler asked me in an interview where I have found the most joy in my mission, and the thought came to my mind was the opportunity I have had to lift other missionaries, and help them to see they're stronger than they think they are.  I love helping them simplify missionary work, and help them to see they are here for a reason as well. 



We had a very eventful week this past week.  We're seeing a lot of miracles here in the Wisconsin Rapids Ward, and we're remaining diligent, so that we may remain humble as well.  The Law of the Harvest has been a big motivator for Elder Heath and I as we've been lifted to know what we do today will ultimately effect what we reap tomorrow.  It is the same with everyone we should always strive to serve today.

We're currently working with a 9 year old girl named Sophie, and she is awesome! We started teaching her the other day, and she has been teaching us ever since.  Her knowledge of the Gospel is awesome, and the potential she has in life is large.  She has a strong testimony of being cleansed from sin through the Savior, and she understands the importance of remaining clean from sin as well.  She is awesome!

We also had a great zone training meeting this past week where Elder Heath and I gave two trainings.  We gave one on establishing real growth through finding new investigators, and another one on establishing real growth through helping our investigators understand, and demonstrate the principle of repentance.  We felt the trainings were good, and the zone did a great job this week as well.  As a zone we found 27 new investigators, and have 16 baptismal dates, and should have around 20 by next week.  We're definitely seeing a lot of good stuff going on here in the zone!

I was reading this morning from Preach My Gospel about Joseph Smith, and the Restoration of the Gospel.  I was impressed as I was reading about the Priesthood.  I came to understand this morning the Priesthood is authorization from God to establish His kingdom here on the Earth today.  The power of the Priesthood comes as men live worthy, and seek to magnify their callings.  It was a testimony to me that God does call prophets today, and you can know them by their fruits!

Love you guys!
Elder Gautavai

No comments:

Post a Comment