Okay...I'll get to Matthew in just one second, but I have to tell you a funny story. We went on exchanges with the Assistants this past week, one of them features my boy Elder Harmon, who came out with me. Anyways...we rode from Oshkosh to Milwaukee with President and Sister Cutler, which was wonderful! Anyways...the very first thing President says to me when I get in the car is, "Elder Notavi, I read your blog and it sounds like you've done a great job at spreading the Gospel over the course of your mission. How often do you update it?" In which I respond, "Ummmm...President...I don't update it, my family does. Ha ha ha ha ha!" Elder Harmon could barely hold it in. I told Elder Harmon he was testing me, and that I passed!
![]() |
| Mekelee, Matthew May, & Rylee |
Matthew May is looking great! It was good to see the exact same face I saw every single day for 3 months. He's a solid kid! It's funny he would tell you all of the crazy stories from when we served together...what a pagan! Elder May shared a story with our family on Sunday when he came for dinner. He said he is OCD about keeping things neat and tidy. He told us Elder Gautavai purposely did the following in hopes of Elder May doing what Elder Gautavai can do for himself. That is so funny he remembers when I voluntarily threw my clothes on the couch in hopes of him folding them! They sat there the entire week, because he wouldn't fold them! Ha ha ha ha! Oh man...what a guy! Haha Matthew May...one word...PAGAN!
Things are going great for us here in Rapids. We're working with a pretty good size teaching pool. It has probably been the biggest teaching pool I've had my whole mission, even in comparisons to Sun Prairie. We're working with 3 individuals who have baptismal dates right now, and have a solid goal of 5 by the end of the week. One of the 3 is a lady named Amy, and she is married with 2 kids, so we're hoping to teach her entire family this week as well.
The Sister missionaries in our ward are doing amazing! Sister Hurst and Sister Holloway are dynamite! Just when we thought the zone was going to have a tough week of finding new investigators...the Wisconsin Rapids Sisters decided to find a whoping 12 new investigators! They are amazing, and really push Elder Heath and I. I was pretty much yelling at Elder Harmon on our exchange to make Sister Hurst a Sister Training Leader here in Wisconsin Rapids! He said they'd keep it in consideration ha ha.
We're currently putting a big focus in the Wausau Zone on our district leaders having the "model area" for their districts. We're finding with so many young district leaders, they aren't fully understanding the role of the district leader. Their purpose as a district leader is the exact same as the zone leader and that is to inspire, uplift, encourage, and bless the missionaries in their districts. It is more than just giving trainings, reporting numbers, and following up with them over the phone. We feel the best way for them to lift their districts is to lead by example, and maintain a "model area", which means his area is the area each Elder and Sister can look to for advice. We're really going to emphasis working towards achieving the Standards of Excellence each week within the district leader's areas.
I was reading in Alma 60 this morning where Moroni is really chastising Pahoran for the lack of support they are receiving. In Alma 60:26-27 we read "I will leave the strength and the blessings of God upon them, that none other power can operate against them---And this because of their exceeding faith, and their patience in their tribulations." I felt Moroni was telling Pahoran he knew if he left God's blessing upon his people to contend with the people in Zarahemla, God would protect them because of their faith. I felt Moroni knew if man would be willing to act out of faith in God, he therefore would not be destroyed. I know faith is wrought by our actions.
Love you guys!
Elder Gautavai



No comments:
Post a Comment